A group of known experts in various fields particularly health, Social Work & Community service got together in the early nineties. They had an eager mind to help the society particularly in rural areas of the state of Haryana focused on the rural poor women & children. The Area which were recognized for intervention were
c) Skill Development & Income Generation
e) Social Counseling
f) Cultural & Sports Activities
It was envisaged that interventions be devised so that there is a holistic development for which comprehensive and time bound strategies were identified. It was visualized that the future women & children in particular and rural community in General will improve economy leading to
- Improved Quality Life Style
- Healthy Community
- Well informed & Empowered women.
- Participation of Women in family & Social decisions
- Choice of family size
- Service for Preventable diseases
- HIV & AIDS awareness
Accordingly the committee was formed consisting of dedicated experts, Social Scientists, Local opinion Leaders (Particularly Women) and local government functionaries.
- Targeted Population :- 16 Lacs App.
- Geographical Area District :- Ambala And Panchkula
- Topography :- The operational area is mainly plain and some sub mountainous (adjoining Himachal Pardesh). The region has an acute shortage of irrigation facilities and is combed by numerous rain fed seasonal streams which washes away the fertile lands leading to further loss of income and livelihood. The operational area consists of district Ambala and Panchkula in Haryana State. The area is surrounded by U.P. in east, Himachal Pardesh in North, Punjab & Chandigarh in West & South and Partly with Rajasthan in the south.
- Demography :-
||1000 Male / 872 Female
The Literacy among the Female is quite high compared to the all India average. 45% of the families in the areas are below poverty line which is again very significant.
1. Women & Child Development Department Haryana / Sate Social Welfare Board.
2. Central Social Welfare Board
3. Haryana Prathmik Siksha Pariyojna Parishad
4. Government of India
Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports (GIA Section)
5. Council for Advancement of People’s Action & Rural Technology (CAPART)
6. Environment Societies
8. Rotary Club